Writing Tips by Rachelle
Heather Moore is one of my favorite authors because her writing is exceptional and engaging and also because she is a great person too! Heather is a writing machine and releases incredible novels all the time. Here is some great advice that she shared with me.
Five things I’ve learned as an Author:
1. It’s okay to drop a project that’s not working for one reason or another.
2. “Write what you know”would mean that I’d just write about kids & sewing. “Write what you love to read and research” is more sound advice.
3. Respect every author’s craft—I don’t always love a book, but I’ve learned through some hit and misses,to respect the time and talent that goes into writing a manuscript.
4. Whether I like it or not, marketing and promoting the final product is an essential part of writing a great book.
5. Other authors have become treasured friends and it doesn’t do any good to compare “sales” or “successes”—we are all on our own journeys.
Visit Rachelle’s For Writers Page to find more resources HERE
Join the VIP Mailing List
Subscribe to get your free book and connect with Rachelle.